Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Trip to Danvers, Ma. Day Two

When we finally crack our eyes open JW kindly offers to go down and get some Starbucks the hotel advertised one in the lobby and check out the breakfast choices. He comes back with the life juice coffee(not Starbucks turns out they lost their franchise) but decent enough and some pastry and milk for Lillibean and Jitterbug. We all lay around enjoying our breakfast and watching TV basically being lazy taking our time getting showers and stuff.

Around 11 we decide to call a cab and go sightseeing and get some lunch. I call the front desk and I am told that there is no Downtown district all they have is a mall. Fine we need to get out for a while the mall will work. I am told that the cab will arrive in 20 mins

We go downstairs and wait and wait and wait 40 mins later the cab arrives. We pile in there is no AC and the cabbie smokes yay I wait for a repeat of Day one conversation with Jitterbug. Thankfully it does not occur. After 10 mins and $21.00 we are at the mall now we only have about an hour left to eat and get back to the hotel so that JW can change and make his meeting. We eat in the food court the only redeeming thing about the entire trip is that the mall has a newly opened Chic-Fil-A and they have Sweet Tea. Another $21.00 and a trip through DOWNTOWN and we are back at the hotel.  I determined that the girls running the desk at the hotel have a deal with the cab co. and taking us downtown to walk around on our own would have only cost about $5.00. So no more cabs. Trapped in a hotel with the Delightful Children how much fun is that.


We hang out in the lobby area for about and hour then the DC and I get a snack and head up to the room to rest we watch tv and after the 10th whine about going to the pool I decide the heck with it get them in their swimsuits and out the door we go. The hotel pool was part of the spa and has part of it blocked off for adult lane swimming only and the hot tub takes up another 1/4. It was normally $5.00 an hour(yep that's right) per person our group got to use it for free which was a good thing. The hotel also had a water park for $32.00 a person which isn't so bad if you have all day to spend there.

With the Swimmy aka Duck
After swimming for about 30 mins Jitterbug decides to take off her swimmy(Duck) and puts on her goggles. I tell her to put duck back on before she gets in the pool and she tells me "No mommy I wont go in the water" this conversation continues back and forth for about 2 mins. I finally give in as she heads back to pool wanting to put her face in the water with her goggles on. I tell her not to go in past the step and to sit down and put her face in the water she flings a halfhearted "Ok Mommy" over her shoulder. I look down at my phone to check a text and I hear Bloop Bloop Bloooop. I look up and she is gone. I panic and throw down my phone kick off my shoes and sprint to the edge of the pool. I look down and all I see are 2 blue eyes staring up at me and the only thought that goes through my head is she isn't panicking I mean no thrashing no nothing just kind of standing there under the water. A woman in the pool reaches her at the same time and plucks her right out if the water and puts her on the side of the pool. She is spitting and sputtering and I start laughing I couldn't help it and I couldn't stop. I am holding her and laughing and tears are rolling the whole time thinking "why cant I stop laughing". I thank the woman that rescued her and take her back to the chair where I was sitting. I tell her she cant go back in the pool unless she puts on duck she agrees with this and we sit and watch Lillibean swim. I hold Jitterbug till she squirms out of my lap and somehow I feel jilted.

Lillibean Swimming
Jitterbug walks around the pool area talking to both myself and Lillibean and walks herself back in the pool this time she "swims" kicks herself back the steps and gets on the step smiles at me and says "I didn't drown mommy". I say no you didn't sweetie good job. Mean while my heart is pounding in my chest and I call an end to the swimming much to Lillibeans disappointment. The arguing ensues "NO I not getting out, yes you are, NO I'M NOT "(its an indoor pool). I am trying to remain calm I place my hands on my hips and in my sternest mommy whisper  " Yes you are if I have to come in there and get you." She looks me up and down and says very smugly "No you wont you are wearing your clothes" and smiles at me. By now I have had it with the DC. I walk back to the table and take off my watch, my shoes and start to empty my pockets just in time for Jitterbug to take another trip down the stairs she fortunately gets herself out. I swear you would have thought she had learned by now that she sinks. Lillibean decides that it would be in her best interest to get out of the pool and we all head back to our room.

We have a opening reception to get ready for. They clean up real nice don't they.












They have a blast dancing and talking to everyone. by the time we make it back to our room its WAY past bed time but they are wound up and it takes almost 30 mins for them to settle down and go to sleep. Mommy is exhausted  and so ends another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment