Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Trip to Danvers, Ma. Day 5

So when I wake up I only have to get myself ready and downstairs to meet my parents. I get to the lobby where I drink my coffee and wait (they were late). When they arrive I hop in and off we go. Mom wanted to take the girls to the singing beach however when we get to what we believe is the parking area its $25.00 to park so we decide that is to much to pay just to walk down on the beach for a few mins.

Jitterbug takes this time to announce that she needs to go potty. We are in the middle of nowhere there are no public bathrooms. The girls taking the money to park tells us that there is a store right up the road and we head out. We get to the road side store"shack" and my mom jumps out and runs in to ask about the bathroom and before I can get Jitterbugs car seat unbuckled she is back "there are no bathrooms here" So back in the car we go with directions to a bathroom. We drive for what seems like forever and even stop a fire station to make sure we are going in the right direction. We FINALLY find a gas station with a bathroom. It is one of those that is outside and It.Is.Nasty. Mom and I decided that we can hold it till we find something else. My mom holds Jitterbug over the toilet so that she can pee and then its Lillibeans turn. We tell her Do.Not.Touch.Anything. I squirt everything with hand sanitizer and we all wash hands once we are outside its one more round of hand sanitizer and then its my dads turn(yep its a unisex bathroom).


We all pile in the car and are on the road again we drive into Gloucester and find a jut of sand and get out of the car. The girls have a blast playing in the water.

This was taken on day 3
after playing at the water park.
So on a side note the whole reason we are on this trip has been for JW's Fraternity.  It is their Biannual business meeting. They pass by-laws, budgets, and  hold elections. This is important because JW is running for a position on the Grand Council. So in between all of our adventures there has been the socializing and campaigning. We even got the girls in on the action(the shirts say Vote 4 My Daddy 4 Grand Council).  So as we are standing on the jut of sand I get a text from a friend letting me know that he has won the Grand Herald position on the Grand Council. Needless to say I was excited  and somewhat relieved that it was all over.





So on with the rest of the day. After playing in the on the "beach" for a awhile its time for lunch so we cross the street and I finally get some lobster and clam chowder it was Yummy. So far today is the best day of our vacation. After lunch we ride around Gloucester a little and head for the hotel. My parents drop me off and take the girls to their hotel for a little pool time.

I head into the hotel bar to meet a friend for a drink. This was great no kids for a little while and visiting with a friend I hadn't seen in a very long time.


I finally head up to the room to start getting ready for the closing banquet. My mom brings the girls back since they "worked" so hard helping get Daddy elected they get to attend the first hour of the reception. We all get dressed up and head on downstairs to the reception.

 They even got meet Paul Revere. My mom and dad came to get them and they went to have pizza they found a place that had TVs at the table and got to watch Nick Jr.(it was very exciting) and more pool time.



JW and I entered the banquet room and sat at our spot on the dias and this was our view. There were awards given, speeches made and a wonderful dinner served.
After dinner we went a reception for the new Grand Sage(president). When it was all said and done JW and I didn't make it to bed till 4 am but it was definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment