Friday, August 20, 2010

A trip to Danvers Ma day 4

Day 4 and the good news is my parents are finally in town and have rented a car no longer are we at the tender mercies of the cabs and shuttles. They are coming to get us and we have a big day planned however Jitterbug has other plans

She stayed this way for 15 mins while Lillibean and I got showered and dressed when she finally decided that she wanted to get up the first words out of her mouth were "wheres daddy". We went through the he is in a meeting conversation and then I reminded her that she need to get ready Grandmomma and Grandpadaddy were on their way and we needed to go. We actually make it downstairs and are in the lobby when my parents arrive.
My dad picked a place for breakfast. It was a really good place and the DCs were well behaved. My cousin met us there to play tour guide for the day so after we were all done eating we went out and loaded up in her explorer this meant that the DC had to sit together in the very back so there was some "stop touching me" conversations" but other than that the ride to Salem  was no to bad.


Our choice of things to do once we got to Salem probably not our best decision we took a tour of The House of Seven Gables.
Now the HOTSG's has been a museum for 100 years I would love to be able to tell you more about it but I spent the entire time saying don't touch that, get down from there and no you can not get a closer look.

In one room of the house there was an osculating fan as we come in the room the tour guide tells us that there is a sharp piece on the fan so don't let the kids touch it. My mom sits down on the bench next to the fan Lillibean on one side Jitterbug on the other. Well Jitterbug can not help herself she reaches up to touch the fan. My mom keeps moving her hand away but the temptation is just to great. The tour guide leans over and tells my mom "you are going to have to control that child" my mom picks up Jitterbug and puts her in her lap. Now Lillibean has watched the whole thing and as soon as she thinks we are distracted she gets up and with her finger extended walks towards the fan I put my arm out to block her. LB tries to push my hand out of the way and looks up at me with tears in her eyes and points at the fan I tell her no and she just burst out sobbing. My mom pulls her over to the bench and sits her down wrapping an arm around her as well. Thankfully the tour guide moves us on and we no longer have to deal with the tempting fan.

Once we finish up with the HOTSG's we move on to the birth place of Nathaniel Hawthorne we start making our way through the house and in a bedroom Lillibean Loses.Her.Mind and ducks under a rope and refuses to come out. Short of ducking under the rope and chasing her my options are limited to hissing "Get out of there" to which she responds "NO". The very nice lady standing behind the rope gently  down and takes her arm and walks her back under the rope. I take Lillibean by the arm and march her out of the house and outside to a table. By now she is just sobbing about going back in the house and Hows it not fair that I wont let her go back in there. I take out my phone to take a picture of the most magnificent melt down and she slaps the phone out of my hand. I pick up my phone and snap this pic.


She puts her head down and sobbing tells me she just wants to be alone. I get up and walk to the table where my mom and cousin are sitting. Dad has taken Jitterbug for a walk to look at flowers or something.
I decide to take the opportunity to go into the gift shop and make a purchase.

When I come out of the store everyone is in a much better mood.
We have made it though and nothing got broken so I guess that's a successful trip. We decide not to go in any more old buildings or museums and take our own "walking" tour of Salem.


We stop for lunch at a place called Finz. Grandpadaddy orders some raw clams and talks the DC into trying them. Lillibean ate hers with ketchup said she liked them but declined to eat another, Jitterbug ate hers covered with cocktail sauce and asked for another but they were all gone.
Most of the rest of the day is uneventful we did see some really cool things and got some ice cream and went back to the hotel to rest a little and change for dinner.

While we are getting ready Jitterbug says she needs to potty and goes in the bathroom. I notice that she has been gone for longer than necessary about the same time she starts crying. She has gotten a hold of my razor and tried to shave her head and in the process cut her thumb(opposite hand from the one hurt on day 1). After kisses and a band aid she is ready to go

Dinner was great we got to meet family for the very first time and enjoy some really good food.


Best part of the night my parents drop me off at the hotel and take the girls with them. JW has gone into the city with a group and so I have a couple of drinks in the bar and go to bed a quiet hotel room all is well with the world

No comments:

Post a Comment