Thursday, August 26, 2010

Conversations Overheard

Conversation #1 nap time


Jitterbug: Laughing hysterically

Lillibean: Get off my bed please. I want to take a nap.

Jitterbug: still laughing

Lillibean: you need to go get in you own bed

Jitterbug: laughing  NO

Lillibean: Yes Mommy says we have to take a nap today

Jitterbug: Make me

Lillibean: Ok

followed by a loud thump and some serious crying

Lillibean pushed Jitterbug out of the bed.

Conversation #2 in the car

I told both girls that if they behaved in the mall I would buy them a cookie. I know I know bribery at its best.

Needless to say I did not have to pay out on this bribe.

Jitterbug is having the most spectacular of meltdowns. it goes something like this

YOU WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOKIE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY and on and on in this manner.

I am doing my best to ignore the behavior trapped in the car as we are.

I hear this from Lillibean "Jitterbug Mommy told us that we had to be good to get a cookie. We were not good in the mall."

Still more screaming and yelling from Jitterbug.

A projectile (a happy meal toy) from the back seat lands in my lap.

Lillibean: Don't throw things at Mommy. Now we wont even get a treat when we get home.

She was right they got showers and went to bed.

Conversation # 3 while coloring

Jitterbug: No Corinne that's my crayon

Lillibean: No its not

Jitterbug: Yes it is

Lillibean: no its mine I'm using it

Jitterbug: (taking the crayon and licking it) Its mine

Lillibean: I'm gonna color at my own desk

Conversation # 4 between Lillibean and me

Me: if you want your 2 dollars then you need to clean up the playroom.

Lillibean: Ok. How much does Jitterbug get?

Me: she gets 2 dollars as well

Lillibean: Ok (skips into the playroom to clean)

5 minutes later

Lillibean: Mommy we don't need that 4 dollars

Me: Well ok then (slightly impressed that my 3 1/2 year old did that math.)

1 comment:

  1. The first convo made me CRACK UP. I can totally seeing that going on between my two eldest.

    ReplyDelete